How To Become A WSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer
- Contact the WSU Extension office in your county.
- Request and complete an application form. Some counties offer online application forms on their web site. Because WSU Extension Master Gardener volunteers work with children and the elderly, a criminal background check is required for all our volunteers.
- If selected as a potential Master Gardener volunteer, you will be contacted with additional instructions. Those selected to enter the program will be asked to review and sign the enrollment documents and pay training fees. Ask about the availability of scholarships for training.
- Successful applicants must:
- complete the Online Training course;
- attend scheduled classes, pass quizzes and exams; and
- volunteer the required number of hours in approved educational activities and document volunteer hours.