To Become A WSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer
- Contact the WSU Extension office in your county. The selection process will vary depending on each county’s particular needs as does the training schedule.
- Request and complete that county’s application form. Some counties may have the application form and instructions on their web site.
- A criminal background check will be required because WSU Extension Master Gardener volunteers may work with children and vulnerable adults. The background check form will be part of the application.
- Those selected to enter that county’s MG program will be asked to review and sign the enrollment documents and pay training fees. They may also be required to attend an orientation.
- To become a Certified WSU Extension Master Gardener, applicants must:
- complete the Online Training course;
- attend scheduled classes, pass quizzes and exams; and
- volunteer and document the required minimum number of volunteer hours.